Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 1996 11:34:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen  <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   OK, one more routed thing.

Is there some way to stop routed from broadcasting a default route, but
advertising all the other routes?

Unfortunately, I am limited to RIP.

I'm not using the -g option, although the machine does have 2 cards, with
forwarding on.

Specifically, a bunch of web server IP's are bound to the second card, but
it has no physical connection to anything else.

However, I need to route to it to reach those IP's, but routed is also
broadcasting the default route, which some of the other hosts are picking
up.

The -F option lets me set the metric for the default route, but that seems
kind of cheesy, I don't want it going out at all.

gated is currently not an option.