Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 1996 05:03:14 +1000 (EST)
From:      michael butler <imb@asstdc.com.au>
To:        cshenton@it.hq.nasa.gov (Chris Shenton)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Routed supports variable-length netmasks?

> I'm having some routing weirdness and was wondering if routed supports
> these different-length netmasks? What version of RIP is it?

> If not, would gated do the trick?

Scrub using routed - as you've already gathered, it won't do VLSM. RIP-II
will but, really, OSPF is a far better way to go - faster convergence,
classless .. the whole kit .. gated will do either or both and even
propagate into RIP-I where "legacy support" is required for Livingston or
Cisco 100x boxes with a little care,

	michael