Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 1996 21:51:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matthew Stein <matt@bdd.net>
To:        Andrew Herdman <andrew@why.whine.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: using tftpd

On Wed, 17 Jul 1996, Andrew Herdman wrote:

> I've been using tftpd on a Sun (SunOS 4.1.3) to save router configurations
> from Cisco's & Ascends.  I've tried to do this on my FreeBSD box but it
> Jul 17 20:59:30 why tftpd[3643]: recvfrom: Socket operation on non-socket

I had the same error a while back with tftp.  I fixed it, and a couple of
other things at the same time when I added the Berkely Packet filter to my
kernel.  Are you using it?  I was getting a Sun to boot from my FreeBSD
box, so it might have been rarp that needed it.  <shrug>

See ...

pseudo-device   bpfilter        4       #Berkeley packet filter

... in lint.

--
mat.

| Network Design                                 phone:  +1 519 823-8577 |
| ButtonDown Digital                               fax:  +1 519 823-9556 |