Date:      Fri, 09 May 1997 23:21:02 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ralph Thomas Aussem <aussem@tu-harburg.d400.de>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org, Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>, Ralph-Thomas Aussem <aussem@tu-harburg.d400.de>
Subject:   Re: Problems with bt848 in FreeBSD 2.2.1

Hi Randall,

[..]
There really isn't much in fxtv that's tuner-type/-mode specific, so my
>first guess is it might be driver-related.  But to try and nail it down,
>try these things:
>
>    1) In fxtv when you can hear the audio, play with the appearance
>       controls (Input->Appearance) and see if that changes anything.
If I change the appearance the display changes to. If I change tuner/video
the video signal changes. So the control functions seems to work.

>    2) Try running in a different color depth ("startx -- -bpp 8"
>       [or 16, etc.]) and see if that makes a difference.
No difference

>    3) Startup fxtv with startup debugs on "fxtv -debug startup"
>       If the selected video mode says it supports direct video,
>       run with it disabled ("fxtv -disableDirectV").
I doesn't help. fxtv reports without -disableDirectV that direct video isn't
supported.

>    4) If the previous doesn't work, or if it didn't say you were using
>       direct video anyway, put a printf at the top of the
>       TVSCREENNewFrameHdlr routine to see if its getting called.
I will try this.

At the moment I have the main problem that the computer freezes
after some seconds  I started fxtv.. So testing is very dangerous :-(

Bye
Ralph