Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 1998 11:35:33 -0300
From:      daniel_sobral@voga.com.br
To:        mike@smith.net.au
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device Driver

> Ah!  You are building an encrypting *router*.  Everything becomes much
> much much more complicated.  You have to maintain state for *all* of
> the connections whose datagrams you are routing.  This is respectably
> nontrivial.

[snip]

> I have to be honest; it really sounds like you have embarked on a
> product without actually *designing* the damn thing first.

Then it doesn't sound right... :-) The product exists, and it's not mine.
I'm just writing a driver for an encryption card that will be used by the
product. Anyway, thanks for all the help. It seems all my problems haven
been solved.

In the end, I decided using tsleep, and they'll be creating a kernel
process and accessing the device through it's normal interface.

BTW, if I read the source code right, one "unit" of tsleep normally
corresponds to 1/128 seconds, and 1/1024 while profiling, is that right?

--
Daniel C. Sobral                      (8-DCS)
Daniel_Sobral@voga.com.br