Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 1996 00:05:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rob Misiak-Rishaw <rob@arpa.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   benchmark

Hi all,

A customer of mine that I do consulting for is moving some of their services
like mail, web, and DNS from an ISP to their site. They plan to do all of
these on NT servers (even DNS -- bleh!). I tried to explain that some flavour
of UNIX would be a much better choice, but they think that UNIX is a dead
thing... I'm looking for benchmarks and other information (hard numbers, etc)
that I could present to them telling why it would be better for them to choose
FreeBSD (or even BSDI... hell, even Solaris is better than NT :) instead.

I don't think that the staff should have much of a problem with FreeBSD,
because I will set this stuff up myself initially (even if they run NT), and
their webmaster knows enough about UNIX to get by after this.

Thanks,

Rob

--
Rob Misiak - rob@arpa.com - www.arpa.com/~rob/
FF F9 39 44 3E 95 DD 1A  8E BF B1 44 21 3C 1B 8F