Date:      Sun, 12 Jul 1998 10:07:20 -0500
From:      Carroll Kong <damascus@eden.rutgers.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Backing up a FreeBSD Box...

	Hi guys.  I am running FreeBSD on a Pentium 90, 430 FX, 32 megs of ram,
scsi system.  Now... the only thing I like about that system is the
scsi-system.  I personally run a K6-225, 64 megs of ram... mixed ide / scsi.
	Now.... if I ever upgrade, I am thinking, maybe I should move my FreeBSD
to the K6, which performs much better.  But... now I am stuck on a little
bit of a dillema.  I want to backup that box somehow (I had to do a really
odd setup with that system due to the 430 fx chipset, but dont worry about
that).  I have the resources to do a super tar ball then ftp or put it on a
FAT16 partition either on another comp on the lan.  So this is my plan,
please advise or suggest.

ls -loR / | grep schg > schfiles
touch /super.tar.gz
find / -not -path '/proc/*' -cmin -1000 >filelist.txt(is there a way i can
add the super.tar.gz in this?  this way i DON'T retar the super.tar.gz
itself... that is why i touched it)
tar -czvf  /super.tar.gz -T filelist.txt
INSTALL SYSTEM
chflags -R schg /
tar -xzvf /super.tar.gz

I kind of guessed at it... I basically am going to use this to backup the
system.  THEN... I reinstall the system as fresh.. (my system is
2.2.6-stable but i have the 2.2.5 cd).  Then... I go in and untar the
super.tar.gz.  Will this work?

-Carroll Kong