Date:      Thu, 09 Nov 2000 07:40:15 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Richard J Kuhns <rjk@grauel.com>
Cc:        Tony Maher <Tony.Maher@eBioinformatics.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rsh problems

In message <14858.43182.684154.605368@moriarity.grauel.com> Richard J Kuhns writes:
: I mentioned this about a week ago, but didn't get any response.
: /usr/src/libexec/rshd/rshd.c was changed in -current to remove PAM support
: (v1.33), but it was never MFCed.  /etc/pam.conf, however, was (more or
: less).  v1.6.2.1 (-stable) changed "sufficient" to "required" for some
: reason, and v1.8 (-current only) removed the rshd line entirely.

Yes.  I've been swamped.  I think that I have permission from jkh to
go ahead and do the MFC of the code.  I have other changes to rsh that
I want to commit as well, so I'll do the commit to head first than MFC
only the PAM related changed.

The PAM module always whined for rsh, that's not new, so the whining
doesn't really concern me too much given the PAM code is going away
:-)

Warner