Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 1998 00:36:57 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        daniel_sobral@voga.com.br
Cc:        mike@smith.net.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device Driver

> > Not at all.  You want to block for 1/10th of a second?  Pass hz/10 as
> > an argument.  This way you can change the clock on the fly and still
> > not lose your timing.
>
> That's what I'm doing. But if I pass hz/10000 while the system will never
> wait less than hz/1000, I end up with results very different from those I
> expected. In other words, when I stop using DELAY and start using tsleep?

That's something that you have to consider based on the time that a
sleep call takes, the number of times you are likely to be taking the
pause, and the behaviour of your hardware.

eg. if you're looking at a latency of a few ms in your hardware, you
should sleep.  If it's a few us, you should use DELAY.

\\  end it's only with yourself.  \\