Date:      Thu, 2 Nov 2000 22:34:27 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marius Bendiksen <mbendiks@eunet.no>
To:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   CounterStrike

Hi, I'm not subscribed to the list, so please keep me in the CC: list.

ISTR that a number of games, including Quake ]I[, have been ported to
Linux recently, and all the ports work under FreeBSD, or so I've been
told. However, I fail to see a port of HalfLife, and specifically the
CounterStrike mod.

I think pushing to have this ported would be a great idea, as FreeBSD
and Unix in general has a way to go when it comes to games. And these
are undoubtedly the most popular ones at present.

A first step would be to make a port skeleton for the dedicated Linux
server. Then pushing at Sierra to allow a port of the full game.

---
Marius Bendiksen