Date:      Fri, 4 Jan 2002 16:04:17 +0100
From:      luc wastiaux <wastia_l@epita.fr>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quake3

Hello,
I am running 4.4-Stable on a celeron 8000 machine with a voodoo 3 3000
AGPvideo card, I have sucessfully set up DRI (although it only works as
root).

I also installed the linux-dri port from the gnats system.
In order to run quake3 I made the following symlink in the quake3
directory:
libGL.so -> /compat/linux/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1

(note my quake3 directory is not in /compat/linux/usr due to low disk
space in /usr)

when I run quake3 (as root), I get a blank screen , with the mouse still
working, but I am unable to exit X using crtl alt backspace or switch to a
virtual console, the only thing I can do is kill X from a remote session.

I have no idea how to troubleshoot the problems - what logs should I look
at ?

thank you in advance

--

-luc | wastia_l@epita.fr