Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 15:35:35 -0800
From:      "David Fedoruk" <kittkat@outqwest.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mac OS X

Rick:

The good news is that the command prompt is alive and well in MacOS X beta.
I think it will be more hidden in the final release, however I believe that
it will still be there. Even as I write some people are trying to replace
what is missing. Curiously enough TCL is there.. but the wish and tclsh are
missing. FTP and Telnet are available from the shell. BSD Unix is there,
intact, if only stripped down. Essentialy what is there is the Darwin core
of MacOS X server. OS X also includes an Apache web server!

Check out this URL http://zieg.mco.enteract.com/ and
http://zieg.mco.enteract.com/. There will be lots more stuff out there.
There are more than a few of us Mac people who also love unix..but for
different reasons. I'm happy to have a new OS that has such good
underpinnings (BSD). Your Mac Tech people will like the fact that even OS X
beta doesn't crash... the OS 9 (which runs within OS X).

David Fedoruk