Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 1996 16:28:13 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, sos@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: locking up

> As sos@freebsd.org wrote:
>
> > Hmm, this one I know about, the suggested fix is to disable the
> > LED update sequence (or get another KBD controller)...
> > This will hang the keyboard both under X and in text mode...
>
> I don't think that's a keyboard _controller_ problem, it's merely a
> problem in handling the keyboard bus.

I don't think that it is a LED-related problem.  In my syscons keyboard
map, I've changed all instances of Caps-lock (clock) to Control (lctrl).
Thus, the LEDs never light up on my keyboard, and I don't think that it
ever touches the 'turn LED on' case in syscons.

Yet I still get random lockups.  :-(
--
Jonathan