Date:      Wed, 8 May 1996 09:27:41 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        juphoff@tarsier.cv.nrao.edu
Subject:   Re: [Forwarded e-mail from Alexander O. Yuriev]

As Mike O'Brien wrote:

> > Yep, but since it's copyrighted, he rules what happens to anything
> > that closely resembles HIS daemon.
>
> 	I wonder if he can copyright something I owned ten years before?  Seems
> odd that he can do that without having inherited the rights.

He can, since you haven't copyrighted your version before.

Anyway: funny story. :) Pity that it didn't make it into Salus' book.
It raised the question in me how many daemons there have been in the
early Unices.  Most of our current daemons are somehow related to
network activities.  I think, only init, update, and cron have already
been there in V7?

--
cheers, J"org