Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 1996 14:49:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        danny@panda.hilink.com.au (Daniel O'Callaghan)
Cc:        avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au, jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw vs ipfilter?

> > (do we have to continue to embaress ourselves about how well we know how
> >  to program in real BASIC ?:-)
>
> Didn't all real hackers start out by programming TRS-80's and Apple IIe's
> back in '78/'79?  I've still got some of my Applesoft and 6502 programs.
> I just don't have a computer to run them on.

Commodore PET and Ohio Scientific computers with chicklet keyboards and
no more than 4k of RAM, and only those after their South-West Technical
Products 6800's with S100 busses finally gave up the ghost.

You can run your Apple programs on one of the 30 or so emulators, some
of which run under X.

I'm told that a 200MHz P6 can run 1MHz 6502 code at almost full speed...

And this belongs on chat.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---