Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 1996 14:45:32 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        dfr@render.com (Doug Rabson)
Cc:        darrylo@hpnmhjw.sr.hp.com, jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nightmare.

> >      What about ZIPFS, or CPIOFS?  ZOOFS?  ARCFS?  LBRFS?  Punch-tape-FS
> > is possible, but it wouldn't be politically correct -- too many trees
> > would get cut down.  ;-}
>
> More seriously, all these and more could be easily implemented using a
> decent USERFS which would allow a simple filesystem to be implemented in
> usermode.

Simple == single threaded.

I believe John Heidemann had one of these as well and used it for source
level debugging of FS implementations.

Again, this assumes that the FS architecture is changed slightly to more
closely resemble FICUS, the design document from which it is supposedly
derived.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---