Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 00:11:24 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SKIP on 3.1

According to Kurt Seel:
>  The only caveat for is that I can't talk to the far 10.x net from one of
> the routers :-(

That's why NAT & RFC-1918 address space usage is evil. End-to-end connec-
tivity is not garanteed any more and that breaks a lot of things. I know
people have problem getting addresses but that should push IPv6 more, not
promote hacks such as NAT.

No offense to authors of natd intended of course.

Sorry for the rant, I know NAT is useful for many people, I just abhorr it.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 4.0-CURRENT #70: Sat Feb 27 09:43:08 CET 1999