Date:      Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:08:28 GMT
From:      Jeff Abbott <fdiv_bug@email.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   www/91974: Possible Discrepency on Commercial Vendors Page

>Number:         91974
>Category:       www
>Synopsis:       Possible Discrepency on Commercial Vendors Page
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
On the Commercial Vendors page on the web site <http://www.freebsd.org/commercial/software.html>, there's an entry for Easysoft Ltd. and their ODBC-ODBC Bridge and ODBC-JDBC Bridge product.  It says there's a free version available for FreeBSD, but try as I might I can find no such thing on their site.  Is the entry on this page referring to their free time-limited trial license?  If so, I think this should be made more clear, otherwise more information on where to get the free FreeBSD version would be appreciated.

This is a very expensive product, and it fits a solution I need perfectly.  We were going to be using Linux for the deployment of over a dozen machines across the continental United States, but if there really is a free license of the ODBC-ODBC Bridge for FreeBSD then I will gladly migrate our entire infrastructure to this OS just for the cost savings in that alone -- the other benefits and features that FreeBSD brings to the table would be icing in the cake!

I just wanted to make sure that this entry on the Commercial Vendors page was factual, and if it is some additional pointers on where to obtain the free-for-FreeBSD license would be fantastic.

Thank you for your time,
Jeff
Visit http://www.freebsd.org/commercial/software.html#Easysoft and read its entry.
>Fix:
Greater clarity on whether or not there is a free ODBC-ODBC Bridge license for FreeBSD, and additional information on how to obtain one if such a thing is available.