Date:      16 Apr 1997 14:19:25 +0200
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@apfel.de>
To:        John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Comments on new search page..

John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu> writes:
> > useful (connectivity from California to Germany or OZ is unusably
> > slow or even non-existant during most parts of the business day now).
>
> Indiana seems to have a pretty decent German link, often better
> than to California!  I think the problem is at YOUR end Jordan. :)

The german universities have a 90Mbit/s ATM link to MCI (Washington
DC) and a 34Mbit/s (or 45Mbit/s?) link to other european countries. I
had 50KB/s transfers from ftp.freebsd.org at daytime. Bandwidth should
not be a problem any more.

--
Wolfram Schneider    <wosch@apfel.de>    http://www.apfel.de/~wosch/