Date:      Sun, 3 Jan 2010 13:30:04 GMT
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/137180: [build] [patch] building world for 8.0-BETA2 fails on 7.2-RELEASE

The following reply was made to PR bin/137180; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To: gavin@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: bin/137180: [build] [patch] building world for 8.0-BETA2 fails
 on 7.2-RELEASE
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 13:54:27 +0100

 --TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

 On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 12:33:43PM +0000, gavin@FreeBSD.org wrote:
 > Synopsis: [build] [patch] building world for 8.0-BETA2 fails on 7.2-RELEA=
 SE
 >=20
 > State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
 > State-Changed-By: gavin
 > State-Changed-When: Sun Jan 3 12:32:15 UTC 2010
 > State-Changed-Why:=20
 > To submitter: do you know if this has been fixed?  I've not seen
 > any other reports of it, and usually before a release is published
 > it is tested to ensure an upgrade can be done from the previous
 > release.

 This problem occurred on one machine. On the second machine I deleted libus=
 b1
 and all ports that depended on it _before_ upgrading the base system, so it
 didn't cause any problems.

 So I guess that would be the "fix". It is not very difficult once you
 know. And if nobody else had the same problem, you can close the PR as far =
 as
 I'm concerned.

 Roland
 --=20