Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:06:04 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        jroberson@chesapeake.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel panic with panic: kmem_malloc(4096): kmem_maptoosmall...

Makoto Matsushita wrote:
> tlambert2> The worst case failure with my "Ugly patch" should be that
> tlambert2> things hang, and quit running completey.
>
> I've emailed to the list that I've tried your patch but it cannot boot
> (actually it boots, but panics immediately.)  Maybe I'm using
> different time of source code.  Which 5-current source code did you
> use to write the patch?

Can you provide a traceback, in this case?  The patch should have
converted all calls that asked for "nowait" into waiting calls
that blocked for memory to be available, instead of panic'ing when
it wasn't.  In other words, it should be impossible to get the same
panic, you should only get a different panic.  I'd like to know
what the different panic is...

-- Terry