Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 1997 18:27:55 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Since the MicroSloth(tm) jokes have been flowing...

Chuck Robey said:
> This is more than a little irritating.  It's nearly impossible nowadays to
> buy a PC without contributing to MS, whether you intend to run Windows or
> not.  They _didn't_ fairly win the market, they _aren't_ fairly keeping
> the market, sure they have good tools, because they have outright stolen
> what they couldn't buy (see Stacker!).

And, wonder of wonders, they didn't develope MS-DOS either!  They bought
a couple of "licenses to use", disassembled it, and developed MS-DOS
from that.  This was proven in court by the original creators circa 1988-
89, when Microsoft was forced to pay them some $20 million in reparation.
Needless to say, *this* was the buy of the century!