Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 20:12:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jon Simola <jon@abccom.bc.ca>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        Marc Silver <marcs@draenor.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple Jail environment(s) on one host ...

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> So far, as far as I can tell, binding the jail envs inetd to an IP appears
> to have fixed it, but from my read of teh docs, taht shouldn't have been
> required ... am I reading the docs wrong? *raised eyebrow*

Nope, I followed the man page 3 times, and got 3 working jails:

root@proteus:~# ps auxww |grep inet
root       255  0.0  0.1  1028  556  ??  IsJ  Thu10PM   0:00.00 inetd -wW
root       363  0.0  0.1  1028  648  ??  IsJ  Thu10PM   0:00.02 inetd -wW
root       500  0.0  0.1  1028  568  ??  IsJ  Thu10PM   0:00.01 inetd -wW

That's on a 4.1-STABLE box from around Sept 19. The only sticky problems I ran
across setting up jails was remembering to make a working /etc/resolv.conf and
adding a route on lo0 so that my apache processes in the jails can talk to the
mysql server running on the host.

Hmm... of course, I'm not running inetd on the host machine. Do the jails have
working forward and reverse DNS lookups?

---
Jon Simola <jon@abccom.bc.ca> | "In the near future - corporate networks
    Systems Administrator     |  reach out to the stars, electrons and light
     ABC  Communications      |  flow throughout the universe." -- GITS