Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 13:52:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@dsuper.net>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
Cc:        FreeBSD-STABLE <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mbuf leakage on 4.1.1-STABLE

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Matt Heckaman wrote:

> Sounds like a chance for a FAQ entry? I know I got caught by that
> originally till I sat down and thought about it for a while, might
> be nice to have. :)
>
> : -DG
>
> * Matt Heckaman   - mailto:matt@lucida.qc.ca  http://www.lucida.qc.ca/ *
> * GPG fingerprint - A9BC F3A8 278E 22F2 9BDA  BFCF 74C3 2D31 C035 5390 *

	No. Please, no FAQ entry is needed about this. It would be ridiculous
  to dedicate time to writing more documentation and then having to deal
  with redirecting people to the right place. We're just going to remove
  that percentile and replace it with a more meaningful one, because
  everybody that has spoken out about this so far agrees. I don't see _any_
  case, personally, where this statistic is remotely useful. The idea will
  probably be to replace it with a more accurate "percentage in use" metric
  which will account for all of mb_map. If nobody beats me to it, I'll have
  it committed by tomorrow.

  Thanks,
  Bosko Milekic
  bmilekic@technokratis.com