Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 1996 20:35:06 +0000 ()
From:      "M.C Wong" <wongm@lespoir.apana.org.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Routing protocol simulator ?

Hi,
   I wonder if there is any simulation tool for IP based routing protocol
? Ideally, it will allow user to specify a number of interconnected
routers and route table in the forms of static route entries that is
read during initialization. It will also be able to simulate the
capability of learning new routes, propogating routing table info to peer
routers. Also, provides an interface to define and inject a packet from
a network/router to a destination and when the packet reaches the
defined routers, it highlight which routing entry is taking effect in
forwarding the packet etc ...

   Basically, what I'm after is a tool that can help simulating a
complex routing environemnt ...

   Am I asking too much ?