Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 1996 10:27:07 +0200 (MET DST)
To:        terry@lambert.org (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (annoying) Arplookup message

Hi

> > >give the freebsd machine an alias on the 2nd net
> >
> > Well...the whole point is that its on a "hidden" net......
>
> What's the exact message?  I can send you a patch to change it to:
>
> "I can't look that up, it's on a hidden net!".

You need to patch if_ether.c in /usr/src/sys/netinet. This thing can get very
annoying when you have more than one subnet routed to one ethernet.   ;(

Greetings
Christian

---------------------------------
ck@toplink1: {29} pwd
/usr/src/sys/netinet
ck@toplink1: {30} diff if_ether.c.dist if_ether.c
577c577,581
<               why = "host is not on local network";
---
ck@toplink1: {31}

--
TopLink GbR, Internet Services			ck@toplink.net