Date:      Fri, 09 Jan 1998 15:23:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, capriotti@geocities.com, tom@sdf.com
Subject:   Re: X based Free installation

On 09-Jan-98 Terry Lambert wrote:
>> BTW,  you made a comment about Linux ease of installation.  Which Linux?
>
> Any Linux for which the Linux camp is willing to send out a schmuck
> to endure the pain on your behalf is basically painless to install.
>
> It's topologically equivalent to having very, very good install tools.
>
> ;-).

That's true.  Or M$ install which has the option of calling the support
line (manned by non-M$ companies, many of them here in town), with your
favorite credit card.

I did not find Debian installation better than FreeBSD.  Worse if anything.
BTW, Slowlaris install is GUI driven and much worse than FreeBSD too.

I think you should design the logic for a new install and follow that by a
small, useful GUI library.  What was the name of the GUI layer on AT&T 3B1?

> Also, I screwed up my otherwise beautiful example with a factual
> error:

My point the pictograms are not always better than words still stands.

Sincerely Yours,

Simon Shapiro
Shimon@Simon-Shapiro.ORG                      Voice:   503.799.2313