Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 2006 07:00:25 GMT
From:      Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
To:        freebsd-www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: www/91974: Possible Discrepency on Commercial Vendors Page

The following reply was made to PR www/91974; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
To: Jeff Abbott <fdiv_bug@email.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 07:54:23 +0100

 --WIyZ46R2i8wDzkSu

 On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 10:08:28PM +0000, Jeff Abbott wrote:
 >=20
 > >Number:         91974
 > >Category:       www
 > >Synopsis:       Possible Discrepency on Commercial Vendors Page
 > >Confidential:   no
 > >Severity:       non-critical
 > On the Commercial Vendors page on the web site <http://www.freebsd.org/co=
 mmercial/software.html>, there's an entry for Easysoft Ltd. and their ODBC-=
 ODBC Bridge and ODBC-JDBC Bridge product.  It says there's a free version a=
 vailable for FreeBSD, but try as I might I can find no such thing on their =
 site.  Is the entry on this page referring to their free time-limited trial=
  license?  If so, I think this should be made more clear, otherwise more in=
 formation on where to get the free FreeBSD version would be appreciated.
 >=20
 > This is a very expensive product, and it fits a solution I need perfectly=
 =2E  We were going to be using Linux for the deployment of over a dozen mac=
 hines across the continental United States, but if there really is a free l=
 icense of the ODBC-ODBC Bridge for FreeBSD then I will gladly migrate our e=
 ntire infrastructure to this OS just for the cost savings in that alone -- =
 the other benefits and features that FreeBSD brings to the table would be i=
 cing in the cake!
 >=20
 > I just wanted to make sure that this entry on the Commercial Vendors page=
  was factual, and if it is some additional pointers on where to obtain the =
 free-for-FreeBSD license would be fantastic.
 >=20
 > Thank you for your time,
 > Jeff

 Well, all the commercial entries were submitted to us in the past, some
 have been there a long time.  Of course some companies have changed their
 offerings during time, and there is not good way for us to find out.

 If you really want to make sure they're still offering this FreeBSD
 version, send them an email.  If you do, please let us know the results.

 - Christian

 --=20
 Christian Brueffer	chris@unixpages.org	brueffer@FreeBSD.org
 GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc
 GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D

 --WIyZ46R2i8wDzkSu

 --WIyZ46R2i8wDzkSu--