Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 1998 01:15:29 +0100 (MET)
From:      albast <albast@xs4all.nl>
To:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Any help greatly appreciated

Hi,

This week I've had some equipment sent to the US of A.
(Every part was in working order)

Now there is a problem concerning a quantum SCSI disk, namely a
"QUANTUM FIREBALL_TM1080S"

This is supposed to be a 2.1 gig drive which worries me because I thought
it was supposed to show 2110 instead of 1080.. but I have to rely on
what the remote company (I'm not a USA redident) says
(searching the quantum site doesn't clearly give information regarding this)

They've informed me the drive shows:
"sd1(NCR0:1:0): NOT READY asc:4,d5 Vendor Specific ASCQ, FALIURE"
and then later on:
"sd1: could not get size"

I have never encountered these kind of messages before..
There were no problems when I did the installation of FreeBSD, as
a "dangerously dedicated" disk. The system was maintained for a week
without any problems like these arising at all.. it worked ok before the
shipment to the USA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, what's wrong and what can
I do about it (if at all possible) ?

Does anyone know this drive is really of 2 gig capacity or if there
could have been a mixup (1080 sounds like a 1 gig drive to me) ?

I know I should have written this stuff down before sending (stupid me!) :-(

Thanks in advance,
I hope there is someone who is able to help me,

Sincerely,
Jeroen  <albast@xs4all.nl>