Date:      Thu, 29 Feb 1996 08:03:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John Capo" <jc@irbs.com>
To:        angio@aros.net (Dave Andersen)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 100-baseT hub recommendation?

Dave Andersen writes:

> On a related note, we've been purchasing SMC Etherpower 10/100's for our
> new FreeBSD boxes in preparation for upgrading a hub to 100baseT, but my
> counterpart here feels much more inclined towards using the Intel
> 100baseT cards.  I noticed they've slipped in to -stable recently, but
> I'd love to hear from someone about how they're working in a production
> environment?

I put one in a clients web server a few weeks ago and its doing fine.
Not a real busy server, about .5Gig/day.

John Capo                                                   jc@irbs.com
IRBS Engineering                       High performance FreeBSD systems
(305) 792-9551                      Internet Consulting - ISP Solutions