Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:40:44 +0800
From:      plasma <plasma@ms9.hinet.net>
To:        Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [speedstep] Testers wanted

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 04:03:19PM -0600, Eric Kjeldergaard wrote:
> I'm using acpi and have ichist loaded.  This program seems to be very
> successful in setting the sysctl variable that ichist uses.  This is a
> great step towards an add-on application for speedstepping, a good
> temporary solution before (as I've heard it) moving this functionality
> into the kernel.  Hopefully ichist gets worked on soon so's it begins

I'm wondering if there's any plan to incorporate ichist into kernel?
Seems there's not many discussions since ichist is announced.

> to save a bit of the ol' battery life.  It would be nice to finally
> get more than the 3 - 4 hours that I've been getting in fBSD.

I haven't test ichctrl to see if it will give more use time when AC is
not used.  But I feel it cooler when I touch my X23, so I believe
ichist may give me more time when AC is not avaiable. :)

plasma