Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 1998 19:42:28 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
To:        sthaug@nethelp.no
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adding process ID listing to netstat

>> Would it be useful to others to allow netstat to give the process ID's
>> that are using sockets?
> Yes - but aren't you reimplementing lsof? Would it be a good idea to add
> lsof to the base system instead, like top was added?

I'm not familiar with 'lsof'.  I'll have to check it out.

I just hacked it last night when I didn't know what a couple of ports
were being used for, gdb'd my way into finding the stucture, and
decided I didn't ever want to do that again.

Cheers,
joelh

--
Joel Ray Holveck - joelh@gnu.org - http://www.wp.com/piquan