Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 12:32:38 +0100
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
To:        Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: orion

Hi Rob,

I'm the maintainer of the Orion port. The options you listed are valid.
Another option would be to configure Apache to redirect certain requests to
Orion on port 8090 or whatever you chose. Or perhaps it would do if you let
Apache serve an index.html that contains a frameset with a frame that
contacts port 8090:

   <FRAME src="myhost.com:8090/webapp/" ...>

If you have any comments on the Orion port, lemme know :-) I'm constantly
thinking about improvements.

Ernst

On Friday 09 November 2001 22:49, Rob Simmons wrote:
> I upgraded the orion port to the newer one (orion-1.4.5_7).  Now that it
> runs under its own user, it cannot open port 80.  I need to run something
> at port 80 to forward the requests to port 8090.  I was thinking about
> using ipfilter's IPNAT and do rdr between the ports.  Another option I was
> thinking about was running apache on port 80 and using it to proxy for
> orion.
>
> These are both ok with me.  I was wondering if anyone out there had other
> methods that would be better then these two?
>
> I would rather not run orion as root again, I think the orion user is a
> good idea.
>
> Robert Simmons
> Systems Administrator
> http://www.wlcg.com/

Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ