Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 20:29:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   PNP > /boot/kernel.conf

I have been sifting through the sparse documentation on this subject and
am not at all sure I have this right.  I can't test this right now because
this machine is currently in production and really needs to continue working
untill at least tomorrow.  Even then it would be nice to remote reboot
this machine and actually have it come back up on its own.

This machine is gateway for a local lan and has a dual 56k PNP isa
modem.  The boot -c commands to configure this modem would look like
this.

config> pnp 1 0 enable os irq0 3 drq0 0 port0 0x2f8
config> pnp 2 0 enable os irq0 5 drq0 0 port0 0x3e8
config> quit

If someone would look at the following config and comment I would
appreciate it.

pn 1 0 en os
ir sio1 3
dr sio1 0
po sio1 0x2f8
pn 2 0 en os
ir sio2 5
dr sio2 0
po sio2 0x3e8

I know that Graham Wheeler has done some work toward documentation on this
but I wasn't able to find the result of his work in the archives.

Thanks in advance,

--
Jim Weeks