Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:02:19 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?David_Sieb=F6rger?= <drs@rucus.ru.ac.za>
To:        Farid nicolas <fd_nicolas@yahoo.fr>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about crontab.

On Mon 2002-06-24 (13:43), Farid nicolas wrote:
>  i have a problem when i use crontab on my freebsd.
>
>  I want to execute a program every day. this program
>  write the result of a "ps" in a text file. When i use
>  crontab, i can see only 80 characters of this text
>  file whereas when I execute it directly i can read
> all
>  the file.

You need to use the -w or -ww options.  From ps(1):

     -w      Use 132 columns to display information, instead of the default
             which is your window size.  If the -w option is specified more
             than once, ps will use as many columns as necessary without
             regard for your window size.

This topic was discussed on this list a little while ago under the
subject "grep and console width".  The thread starts at:

    http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1197521+0+archive/2002/freebsd-questions/20020602.freebsd-questions

--
David Siebörger
drs@rucus.ru.ac.za