Date:      Thu, 15 Nov 2001 19:29:04 +0200
From:      "Jaroslav Tkachov" <jtv@intervelopers.com>
To:        <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IBM JDK on FreeBSD (Was: JDK 1.3.1 on Freebsd?)

Hi,

> > > ps - which alternate opensource JITs would you recommend? Also, is
IBM's
> > > famed JDK for linux performing well on bsd in linux mode?
> >
> > The IBM JDK works under Linux emulation.
>
> I think he asked if it _performed_ well under FreeBSD. Personally I dunno,
> and I've never heard of anyone running any serious stuff on the IBM JDK
under
> FreeBSD. Any such reports? Anyone using the IBM JDK?

I use the IBM JDK under Free BSD Linux emulation for large multithreaded
network application. And i found several bugs:
1. incorrect SO_TIMEOUT support in case of several simultaneously open
connections.
2. infinite loop in some hashtable.get(null).
and so on.

But perfomance of IBM JDK is great! I will try to avoid this bugs.