Date:      Thu, 23 May 1996 22:47:16 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        "Karl Denninger, MCSNet" <karl@mcs.com>, Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN Compression Load on CPU

> I'm not going to use a PC as an office router.  However, if I put together
> a firewall/mailhost/caching-proxy/WWW/FTP server, for an end user, it may
> be worth the $1000 to put the sync card on that box and have a one box
> solution.  It all depends on what solution is best for the customer.
>
> For some problems FreeBSD is a viable solution to consider when you review
> all of your options.
>
> Have a good one.

Don't forget that some of us have PCs just laying around doing nothing
so if I can buy a sync card for $1000 and used it to connect my lan it
can save me money.  My point is simple, at least on  this list most of us
have at least one PC so if I can squeeze yet another functionality
out of the box the better of we are  8)

	Cheers,
	Amancio