Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 2013 09:10:01 GMT
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hps@bitfrost.no>
To:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: usb/179505: Kernel detaches Arduino Leonardo (and similar) board umodem after the arduino boots

The following reply was made to PR usb/179505; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Hans Petter Selasky <hps@bitfrost.no>
To: Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: usb/179505: Kernel detaches Arduino Leonardo (and similar) board
 umodem after the arduino boots
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 11:09:07 +0200

 Hi Mike,

 I was not able to reproduce this issue yet. From the logs you sent I see:

 That the INTERRUPT endpoint is stalling:

 DONE-INTR-EP=00000084,SPD=FULL,NFR=1,SLEN=0,IVAL=1,ERR=STALLED

 Then the USB stack will try to clear the stall. And the clearing of
 stall also fails:

 DONE-CTRL-EP=00000000,SPD=FULL,NFR=1,SLEN=0,IVAL=0,ERR=STALLED

 These messages are mandatory to implement per usb.org specifications.
 And I know Linux and Windows does not use these very much. In other
 words I looks like the Arduino could need some more USB certification!

 After a given amount of stalling, the FreeBSD USB stack will reset the
 device, which gives you the re-enumeration you are observing.

 This case can be prevented by setting:

 sysctl hw.usb.no_cs_fail=1

 Then try again!

 --HPS