Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 17:29:38 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        "Greg Quinlan" <Greg.Quinlan@swlct.sthames.nhs.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "talk" appears broken!

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999 12:17:19 +0100, "Greg Quinlan" wrote:

> I only have ftpd & telnetd in my inetd.conf
>
> ntalkd is "#"-ed

That's why it's not "working".  Uncomment the ntalkd line in
/etc/inetd.conf, kill and restart inetd. If you're using 3.2-RELEASE,
you really do need to kill and restart inetd -- don't just HUP it.

Also, if you're using something more recent than 3.2-RELEASE, you may be
wrapping ntalkd out.

Ciao,
Sheldon.