Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 1996 11:40:37 -0700
From:      falstaff@netcom.com (anthony m. vervoort)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with installation

Hi,

I tried following the instructions provided on the website for creating and
using a boot disk to begin the install, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I downloaded the boot.flp and rawrite.exe files from the server, rebooted the
machine in dos mode (it was running win95 before), and ran rawrite to create
the boot disk to a dos formatted floppy.

When I try to boot from the floppy, the machine gets to the point where it
reads the floppy to load the OS, and it accesses the drive for about 3 seconds,
then all activity stops and the machine sits there.

the machine boots fine from other (dos) boot floppies. i have tried the freebsd
boot disk on both the 486-66 i want to install on and on my new pentium system,
and both systems have the same result.

Any suggestions for how to get around this problem?

-anthony vervoort
falstaff@netcom.com