Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 1996 10:53:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Stephen F. Combs" <steve@combs.salem.ge.com>
To:        Don Yuniskis <dgy@rtd.com>
Cc:        Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>, FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: File System on a tape

The Pechter(s) are speaking of having a BOOTABLE Tape system.  I'd Love to
have one!  While CDROMs are great, there are times when I don't have a
CDROM system available and 'twould be nice to be able to boot from tape
and do a 'fbsdinstall' (ala, suninstall)  I've got fbsd systems in Puerto
Rico, Mebane, NC, Ft. Wayne, IN and Shanghi, China (as well as here!)
I've got QIC-250 tape drives on All of them, but a CDROM on none!:-< (I'm
trying to get them all upgraded to DDS-2 4mm DAT's).

----
Stephen F. Combs                 Internet:	CombsSF@Salem.GE.COM
GE Industrial Systems		 Voice:		540.387.8828
Network Services		 Home:		CombsSF-Home@Salem.GE.COM
1501 Roanoke Blvd                FAX:		540.387.7106
Salem, VA  24153                 LapTop:	CombsSF-Mobile@Salem.GE.COM