Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 1996 20:08:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam Furman <afurman@sunfire.j51.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   network card

I run a FreeBSD server runing 2.1.0 and runing it on a 486 dx4-100 with
36mb of ram, 48 mb swap, a 1,3gig ide hardrive  and a LinkSYS Network
card.  My problem is the ping times on the network card are around .80
when pinging it self.  The config on that card is 0x300 and irq 5 using
le1 as it driver.  My problem is the other two servers in the isp are
getting around .20 when pinging it self and using a different driver.  I
would like to know what is wrong and what can maybe be done.  Please I
need help.
Adam

Adam Furman
System Administrator of Sunfire.j51.com