Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 1996 19:00:55 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Ben L. Perkins" <blp@exile.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Meaning of error in /var/log messages

I'm running FreeBSD on a machine which is a dedicated Internet Relay
Chat server.  This afternoon the machine seemed to drop off the net
for about 20 minutes.  When I was on the verge of calling into the
office to have it booted, it started accepting connections again, both
telnet and irc.

A look in the /var/log/messages file showed only one message which
was from the correct time period.  It's as follows:

Jul 14 12:22:35 irc /kernel: mb_map full

Can you shed any light on what it's trying to tell me, whether it could
be responsible for the freeze up, and possibly how to correct it?

Thanks for any assistance.

Ben Perkins

--
Ben L. Perkins /\ Houston, TX, USA