Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:47:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Neal E. Westfall" <nwestfal@directvinternet.com>
To:        Ken Wills <kenwills@tds.net>
Cc:        Lawrence Sica <lomifeh@earthlink.net>, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Ken Wills wrote:

> > > Mutation is a mechanism of evolution.  Evolution is the process.  One
> > > could make the leap of faith that since we mutate over time and these
> > > mutations change the species we evolve...
> >
> > This is just what I am trying to get people to admit, that evolution
> > requires tremendous leaps of faith.  Now if you could see that it is also
> > irrational, my job would be done.
> >

> 'Tremendous leaps of faith are irrational?' ;-) How's that shiny new paintjob in
> the corner coming along?

Ah, but notice I did not say that!  That evolution requires tremendous
leaps of faith, is a separate issue from whether or not it is irrational.
As rationality is impossible without the foundation of faith in God, it
would be ludicrous to say that faith is irrational, in fact, it would be
downright irrational!  8-)

Neal