Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 1996 13:42:25 +0000
From:      "Ian Kallen" <ian@gamespot.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Second HDD problems.

I'm told that there is a bug in the sysinstall in 2.1.0 that has
similarly thwarted my efforts to add a 2nd scsi drive.  Once I figure
out the best way to migrate to 2.1.5 (all the problems I see reported
on this list I find vey unsettling) -- I'm told this problem would be
fixed in the 2.1.5 release -- I plan on getting that other disk
on-line once I've navigated that plunge (this is my first fbsd
installation ya see).

> Date:          Thu, 18 Jul 1996 05:29:12 -0600 (MDT)
> From:          Blair Schmittel <blair@strech.cyber-naut.com>
> To:            questions@freebsd.org
> Subject:       Second HDD problems.

> Hello;
>
> I am trying to install a second SCSI HDD on one of my servers.  I am using /stand/sysinstall for the disk editor.  I select the whole drive to be used, go to the partitioner, partition the whole dri
> e as one partition.  My problem is the installer won't write the data because it wants a root partition on the drive.
>
> Any suggestions?
> Blair

Ian Kallen                           ian@gamespot.com
     Director of Technology & Web Administration
            http://www.gamespot.com