Date:      Sun, 21 Aug 2005 17:55:40 -0400
From:      Allan Fields <bsd@afields.ca>
To:        Mike Adewole <mike@voicenette.com>
Cc:        freebsd-libh@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Project BSDVISION Wants To Develop Native *BSD Console Desktop

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 06:18:13AM -0400, Mike Adewole wrote:
> For many people who spend a lot of time on the *BSD console and would love
> to have a desktop environment comparable to KDE/GNOME, I'm starting a
> project called BSDVISION to develop such an environment. Please don't ask if
> such an environment is really needed or not; the important thing is that
> some people like me need it badly enough to want to develop it.

And here I thought you were talking about a desktop for us vt220 fans.
There is already screen or emacs on that front.  What about twin
for example?

What exactly is meant by a "console" desktop anyway other than
something similar to early Windows that runs w/o X11?

Can you also make a Unicode console for *BSD please? ;)

--
Allan Fields