Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:24:52 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
Cc:        "Neal E. Westfall" <nwestfal@directvinternet.com>, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>, Joshua Lee <yid@softhome.net>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

Dave Hayes wrote:
> Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> writes:
> >>
> >> I don't know about that, I've seen the floor of a stock exchange or
> >> a busy park with lots of kids. That doesn't look like order to me.
> >
> > The stock market is not alive, the people are.
>
> Read carefully, oh admonisher of careful reading. I said "the floor
> of a stock exchage".

"the floor of the stock exchange" isn't alive, either, the people are.

Before you escalate, let me generalize my statement for you.
so that you will not feel compelled to do it for me: your
examples are not agregate entities which themselves are
representative of an instance of a life form.

> >> Never mind that verifying this is close to impossible, would you
> >> like to tell me just how you learned everyone's presumptions without
> >> first making a bunch of your own? ;)
> >
> > I didn't make a generalization, so your statement is incorrect.
>
> My statement was a question, so your attempted refutation is
> non-sequitor.

My refutation was of the statement prior to the conjunctive comma.

> Note the use of a question mark. ;)

Note your use of a conjunctive comma, attempting to force me to
accept your premise by responding either positively or negatively
to your question.

> I think it demonstrates incredible arrogance, to say you can
> act but you don't. It certainly isn't tolerance.

I posted the calculus of non-repudiation which could be implemented;
if you have a problem with its logic, by all means, critique it.

-- Terry