Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 1996 12:28:37 -0400
From:      Tom Lehman <toml@mitre.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Video board and camera recomendation for MBONE usage

I currently have several FreeBSD 2.1 systems up and running on the MBONE.  I
am using a GUS PNP Pro for audio and everything works fine.  However, I do
not currently have a camera or video capture board.

I would now like to add video send capability, and am preparing to buy a
camera and video capture board.  I am running FreeBSD 2.1 on 486 and pentium
PCs.  Some machines have only an IDE bus interfaces, and some have both PCI
and IDE interfaces.

Any recommendations on which camera and video capture board would be best
will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Tom Lehman
toml@mitre.org