Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 1997 19:02:01 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2-BETA(2?) on ftp.cdrom.com

>Might I suggest that before we roll a 2.2-RELEASE it first runs on
>ftp.cdrom.com for a few weeks?  If there is any system that can verify an OS,
>its cdrom.com!

   Other's have already adequately answered this, but I thought perhaps I'd
add that I do plan on switching to 2.2-stable after 2.2R has been out for
awhile (a month or two)...assuming that no significant bugs are found, of
course. Right now, things aren't looking very good for this prospect, however.
In any case, I'm not in any hurry and I'm certainly not willing to run
pre-release code on the machine.

-DG

David Greenman