Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:42:24 -0400
From:      steinyv <steinyv@skyweb.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Symbios 53C875j

At 03:38 PM 7/27/00 , you wrote:
>On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, steinyv wrote:
>
> > Im still having a problem installing 4.0, 4.1 with this card on some of my
> > motherboards.  I cant get passed the section where scsi devices has to
> > settle.......
>
>We need more details.  Show exact console output, give a detailed
>hardware description, etc.

I dont have the exact errors, but I posted them like 2 weeks ago, Ill try
going through my out box and see if I still have them, and I noticed other
people also have the same problem......
Well, the systems were Micronics M55Hi Rev A & B with P200 & 166 both with
64MRam.
Symbios 875 UW scsi card with the 53c875j chip on it.  Various hard drives
ranging from 1G to 4G, Intel Pro100b nics, parallel, serial and usb busses
disabled and an ISA and PCI video cards.
I was trying to install 4.0 & 4.1RC off the cdrom and floppies, and the
hardware gets probed correctly, then when it get to the section where the
scsi devices has 15 secs to settle, an error keeps scrolling, locked in a loop.
Here is my message from my previous post==>
>Hey all, I purchased a symbios 8751sp scsi card to go with a Micronics
>M55Hi rev B motherboard with a P200 & 64M and 2M s3 video.  Every time I
>try to boot (I had a previous install on disk) or when I try to install
>via floppy or cd, when the time came for scsi devices to settle, the
>screen keeps scrolling an error to the point where whatever it is being
>displayed, cant be read.  From what I can decipher,
>SCSI BUS RESET DETECTED
>PCI STATUS  : 0X8100
>(0/5) @ (SCRIPT 48:F33100004)
>SYM0 REGDUMP : CA 00 00 05 47 00 00 0E 00 08 00 00 08 00 08 02 00 70 E3 03
I also have an Intel VS440FX PPro board, and it works flawlessly on that
board. So after seeing the other posts from other people having similar
problems and no fixes, I gave up and Im currently looking for another
solution.  All in all, as a newbie, I wish someone could have thrown a red
flag at me, so that I didnt have to kill myself over a weekend trying to
make hardware work, but Im not fussing, we all have to go through some
growing pains.  Im loving it;)
Talk to me man